THE SIGNAL BOX

BRANCH LINES

 

SOUTH WALES
at the turn of the Century

LLANDARCY

Llandarcy signal box
West of Port Talbot, Llandarcy signal box survives, although reduced to ground-frame status. Until 1923 it was known as Lonlas South.
Llandarcy signal box
The box dates from 1920, and twenty of the original forty six levers are still in use.

Photographs by Roger Bailey

Comments about this article should be addressed to Roger Bailey