at the turn of the
|Pembrey marks the end of the power
signalling and track-circuit block that reigns supreme all the way from
Paddington. This cabin was opened as Pembrey East around 1906 and was
originally much smaller housing just 31 levers. Since then, it has had two
replacement lever frames, and has been damaged by two train derailments! It
currently houses an 83 lever frame dating from 1953.
The absolute block
system applies west of here, the next box is Kidwelly.
Photographs by Roger Bailey
Comments about this article should be addressed
to Roger Bailey