THE SIGNAL BOX

PHOTO GALLERY

Isle of Wight Railway

BRADING

Opened: 1882

Closed: 1988

Location code: S69/07

Brading signal boxBrading box opened in 1882, along with the branch to Bembridge. It still contains its original 30 lever Stevens & Sons frame, although the layout has been severely pruned over the years. Although several boxes were originally built to this design, it is now the oldest signal box on the Isle of Wight.

Not that there are that many to compete with . . .

Later boxes on the company's lines were built to standard Saxby & Farmer designs.



Buy prints of photographs
at 433shop
Click here

All photographs copyright © John Hinson unless otherwise stated