THE SIGNAL BOX

OVERSEAS

SOUTH LAGRANGE
Bangor & Aroostock Railroad

by John Hinson

South Lagrange tower
Photograph 8/50, from the collection of Dr. J W F Scrimgeour

South Lagrange was 25 miles north of North Maine Junction, Bangor, on the main line towards Canada. The tower, like others on this railroad, was constructed from concrete blocks.

Note the conventional semaphore signal to the left of the picture.

The tower (and maybe the entire line) had closed by the time of Dr Scrimgeour's visit in 1957.

About the photographs


Comments about this article should be addressed to John Hinson