Seacombe, Hoylake & Deeside Railway
Click or tap the thumbnail for a description and photograph of each listed signal box. These are, in some cases, supplemented by other related pictures of the same box, denoted by the following icons:
|Page includes views of box interior|
|Page includes close-up views of lever badges|
|Page includes close-up views of signalling instruments and equipment|
|Page includes close-up views of box diagram|
|Page includes views of signals and other outdoor equipment|
|Page includes a short movie film|
Opened as a horse-drawn tramway in the late 1870s, the Seacombe, Hoylake & Deeside Railway had no significant signalling until 1888.
All of the boxes on the Seacombe, Hoylake & Deeside Railway were built by the Railway Signal Company.
The SH&DR was absorbed into the Wirral Railway in 1891.