South Devon Railway
Click or tap the thumbnail for a description and photograph of each listed signal box. These are, in some cases, supplemented by other related pictures of the same box, denoted by the following icons:
|Page includes views of box interior|
|Page includes close-up views of lever badges|
|Page includes close-up views of signalling instruments and equipment|
|Page includes close-up views of box diagram|
|Page includes views of signals and other outdoor equipment|
|Page includes a short movie film|
The South Devon Railway used the contractor Saxby & Farmer to supply their signal boxes.
The only South Devon railway signal box to survive into recent years – unusually for a Saxby & Farmer product it has a stone-built base.
The South Devon Railway became part of the Great Western Railway in 1876.