Stratford-on-Avon & Midland Junction Railway
Click or tap the thumbnail for a description and photograph of each listed signal box. These are, in some cases, supplemented by other related pictures of the same box, denoted by the following icons:
|Page includes views of box interior|
|Page includes close-up views of lever badges|
|Page includes close-up views of signalling instruments and equipment|
|Page includes close-up views of box diagram|
|Page includes views of signals and other outdoor equipment|
|Page includes a short movie film|
The Stratford-on-Avon & Midland Junction Railway was formed by a merger of the East & West Junction Railway, the Evesham, Redditch & Stratford-on-Avon Junction Railway, the Stratford-on-Avon and the Towcester & Midland Junction Railway in 1909. The Northampton & Banbury Junction Railway followed in 1910. None of them made much money, nor did the new company.
A new box was constructed here in the S&MJ’s time, following the East & West Junction’s lead.
The S&MJ became part of the London, Midland & Scottish Railway in 1923.