Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway
Click or tap the thumbnail for a description and photograph of each listed signal box. These are, in some cases, supplemented by other related pictures of the same box, denoted by the following icons:
|Page includes views of box interior|
|Page includes close-up views of lever badges|
|Page includes close-up views of signalling instruments and equipment|
|Page includes close-up views of box diagram|
|Page includes views of signals and other outdoor equipment|
|Page includes a short movie film|
Only one proper signal box was ever provided on the this narrow gauge railway – all other signalling was controlled by ground frames.
This box was constructed by Tyer & Co., and despite closure as long ago as 1911 it has survived to be the sole representative of their architecture.
The W&LLR became part of the Great Western Railway in 1923. The line closed in 1956 but was re-opened in 1963 as a tourist railway.