Wrexham, Mold & Connahs Quay Railway
Click or tap the thumbnail for a description and photograph of each listed signal box. These are, in some cases, supplemented by other related pictures of the same box, denoted by the following icons:
|Page includes views of box interior|
|Page includes close-up views of lever badges|
|Page includes close-up views of signalling instruments and equipment|
|Page includes close-up views of box diagram|
|Page includes views of signals and other outdoor equipment|
|Page includes a short movie film|
Most boxes on Wrexham, Mold & Connah’s Quay Railway dated from 1885, when the line was first signalled. Various contractors provided the boxes.
One of the Railway Signal Company’s boxes provided when the main WM&CQR line was signalled in 1885.
Dutton & Co provided this box in 1890.
Hawarden Bridge Junction
An odd man out – the Manchester, Sheffield & Lincolnshire Railway provided this box in the early 1900s.
The WM&CQR became part of the Great Central Railway in 1904.